Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Work Party

I don't usually talk much about the things I do on my blog - just about myself in general or my opinions. That's likely because I don't really do that much, but I attended a work party last night at which a couple of pictures were taken, so I thought I'd post one of them. For my family, I talk about some of these people all the time, but you've never seen a lot of them. The picture is a little dark, but I'll try to point people out.

Hmmm...I think it's too small for you to see much anyway, but here goes.

Starting from the far right: Andrea, Carina, Dione, me (in the back - can't see me very well), Chris, Christine's boyfriend, son and Christine, Braxton, Hans and his wife and baby, Steve O and his wife, Doug, Steve R, Aubrey (in front of Steve), Steve's wife behind him, Marc (in the blue long-sleeved shirt in front), behind Marc is Kim's husband, then Kim, in the red is Megann, and Megann's boyfriend, Carolee and her little girl, Jessica's boyfriend, with Jessica and their two boys in front, behind Jessica's boyfriend is Bergen, next to Jessica is Donna, with her daughter and husband in the back, in front next to Donna is Sharlet, her boyfriend and her son.

Pheew! You have to know, that even though it's small and hard to see and you don't know who all these people are anyway, I really like to share things like this. Thanks for sitting through the preceding paragraph!!

We went bowling at Fat Cats, and had Pizza Factory pizza, salad, breadsticks, and soda. We had a raffle - everyone who came got one raffle ticket, and could buy extras if desired at $1 a piece, with the proceeds to go towards our company fundraising goal for the American Diabetes Association. The raffle prize was 4 tickets to an upcoming Utah Jazz game - 10th row lower bowl, center court. Marc's season tickets. I've used them before, and I was very tempted to buy up a bunch of extra raffle tickets to get to use them again, but alas - I just took the one ticket.

The food was great, and I had a good view of all the action - because having been born to be a spectator as I was, I planted myself at one of the tables behind the bowlers. I was up above everyone, so it was nice.

In addition to the raffle, employees were invited to take part in a Bingo Bowling game, where you have to get certain results to fill up your card. I didn't play, so I don't know all the rules, but first prize was an iPod Nano, second was a $75 gift card to PF Changs (sorry Celeste - missed out on that one), and third prize was a $50 gift card to The Cheesecake Factory. It looked like everyone had fun, and it's always kind of interesting to see these people that I work with every day out in the real world.

It was also exhausting. I was pretty glad to come home!

2 comments:

Brennie said...

Well that sounds like a fun night. I love the breadsticks at Pizza Factory. I think that I would go there JUST to eat the breadsticks.

Melanie S. said...

I love that you write about your self as well as your activiites, it's so insightful. When I had a basement bedroom I knew every variation in the carpet and walls so I swear I could see or feel or sense spiders even in the dark!