Day 15 - picture of something I'd like to do before I die......
I am a person who has always found it difficult to enjoy life. And just as the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence, I'm convinced that the afterlife holds more for me than the daily grind I experience here. Let's face it - I feel stricken with weakness of mind and body, what seems to me to be nearly insurmountable physical limitations, and an overwhelming yearning for comfort and peace. In reality, all I really want to do before I die is be a good person, kick as many of my bad habits as I can, and make other people feel good inside. I'll get to the good stuff on the other side.
In pure fantasy, I want to learn to speak, read and write (here goes...) French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Latin, Greek, and whatever else seems relevant. Then I want to be able to do work in foreign affairs and such. But only if I can take Jack.
Still in fantasy-land, I would like to have a lot of money. I would build my mom and dad a new house and set them up for immediate retirement. I would pay for Celeste to get another 6 degrees of her choosing, I would get Kathie and Matt a house near us, pay off Sean's and Christy's school loans and see if I can get them to live near us too. I would pay for Rachel to go away to finish school, and would make sure that everyone in my family had everything they need. I would give money to every charity I can think of, and quit my job so I could help with my time as well. If I was going to die soon, I would make sure my little sweet Jack was taken care of and see if I can find someone who would love him as much as I do....if that's possible.... I know money isn't supposed to be able to solve every problem, but it would at least take away a pretty engrossing stressor so we could concentrate on more important things than trying to stay afloat.
I feel like I've already said some of this before.....I'm gonna go now.
1 comment:
Six more degrees? Whoa!
Post a Comment