I fervently believe that there isn't any real person with whom I would love to trade places. Everyone has problems, and regardless of what people's lives seem like to us on the outside, I have absolutely no desire to deal with whatever unknown demons they may be facing. I'd rather have the devil I know, thank you very much.
I do, however, constantly fantasize (I know, not the best way to be content with who and where I am) about what I would love myself and my life to be. I'll tell you about that person.
She is confident and beautiful, at peace with herself and with God. She is loving, unselfish and generous. She has a sharp wit, a deep and ever-evolving intelligence, and is able and successful. She works hardest when she's working for others, and she isn't afraid of anything. She is free from temptation and guilt, but has a strong understanding of and empathy for all others with whom she interacts.
One of my favorite things about her is that she has inherited wealth - enough to sustain herself and her lifestyle for a lifetime with plenty left over for taking care of my mom and dad, brothers and sisters and their families, and enough to give generous scholarships to as many as can apply. With all this money, there's no need for the daily grind of some stupid job, working for the whims and pleasures of a tyrannical boss who occasionally throws her a bone by saying "good job".
Not having to work for a living, she is free to do volunteer work, bask in the sunlight, and play with her dogs. She does genealogy work, gardening, cooking meals for others, hiking, biking and boating. She goes to the temple and church regularly.
She has a home in or near Anchorage, Alaska, but also loves to spend time at a beach house in southern California and with her family in Utah. Her house in Alaska is cozy but roomy, with plenty of room for family to come and stay. It has a fabulous kitchen, a hot tub outside overlooking the mountains (I don't actually know if there are mountains near Anchorage, so this part is pretend), and a big theater and music room with excellent acoustics and supreme comfort.
She has two dogs; a beautiful blond golden retriever named Jack, and a playful yet protective German shepherd. They love to play with each other and are very well-behaved. They get to go everywhere with her. They love to swim and romp in the snow and sleep hard and long whenever she wants to have a nap.
She sits outside on the porch on nice evenings, looking at the stars and the moon, and smelling the fresh, cool air. She likes to go camping with her dogs, but has a tent trailer to keep the bugs away when she sleeps.
Oh, and one more thing - none of this trading places for a day thing. If we're gonna trade, it has to be for good. She can take it or leave it.
1 comment:
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!!! Actually, other than the inherited money....you're closer than you think :)
Post a Comment