Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Life as Davy Jones



I sprained my ankle at work last Thursday! It hurt like a devil at the time, but not so bad now. I wanted to post some pictures for some strange reason, but I'm disappointed that they're not more gruesome-looking for the sake of entertainment.





This one shows some of the bruising on the inside of my foot, though again, not very impressive to look at in this picture. I'm lucky enough that my wounds, injuries, and illnesses are rarely impressive. *sigh*





You can see from this one that my ankle is all but gone. Very nice.


This one is the reason why I am now known around the house as Davy Jones. It's a very apt description. My little nephew Ammon looks at me with great concern every time he notices that there's something weird on my foot, and my dog Molly steers clear whenever possible.

I suppose if I really wanted to I could go into great detail about how it happened and everything, but that would only accomplish two things: I would start to feel more and more nauseous until I could no longer type, and I would look like a complete klutz. I'll just leave you with the pictures! You could come up with a good story on your own if you wanted to...


5 comments:

Rachel Peckham said...

I don't know, I think it's pretty impressive! And did you know I haven't even heard the story?? I think you should share it...

Alaina said...

That's too bad. I hope it's feeling better! My mom had to wear one of those things for a little broken toe haha.

Nick and Whit said...

Ouch! That sucks! Sorry to see the boot too, how uncomfortable. I hope by now you are doing much better and not hobbling around!

Sherilee said...

I'm sorry, I hope your ankle is feeling better now. I sprained my foot last week and posted pics of it on my blog also! Not very gruesome-looking either! Oh well, at least I can walk on it again a week later. Take care!

Melanie S. said...

Hope you're healing quickly! That is pretty gruesome though, I've never even had a sprain!