Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Update

It's been a little more than a month since I've posted anything, and I can honestly say that not much has happened since then. My ankle is doing much better, but still hurts sometimes. I quit physical therapy after only 2 visits because I thought it was stupid to go and do those exercises in front of everyone when I could just do them at home and get the same benefit. It may not be my money that was getting shelled out for all this stuff, but if it had been, it would have been all the more reason to scale back. I actually have wondered a little if the doctors and physical therapists have taken unnecessary advantage of the fact that Workers Comp. was footing the bill on everything. They can insist on whatever they think is remotely reasonable (a visit to the doctor every week, and physical therapy twice a week for four weeks) and nobody would dispute it. Well I'm not going to waste money, even if it's not my own.

I've been working a TON this last week. I may have made a mistake in adopting the frequently used adage "if you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself" because I worked three 13 hour days plus a partial Saturday doing a complete physical inventory at work. There are reasons for it, but I won't bore you with those. Suffice it to say that I hope it will at least be worth something.

I've seen a few new movies in the recent past:
  • Taken
  • 17 Again
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  • Star Trek

I liked them all, though some more than others. I actually saw Taken a couple months ago in the theater, but liked it enough to buy it. I like that kind of movie - action, intrigue, and a real story line. Sometimes they're a little hard for others in the family to take though...Star Trek was my least favorite of the movies listed above, but that's coming from someone who can only tolerate science fiction in moderation and was never much of a Star Trek fan. Wolverine was pretty great, and 17 Again has some great eye candy if you like Zac Efron, which I am somewhat ashamed to say, I do.


I haven't been reading very much because I haven't had a lot of time, and I can't seem to find something that really grips me and keeps me from putting it down. The last book I read through to the end (I've started a few and gotten bored) was one of my favorites, and one that I've read several times before: Days of Dreams and Laughter, which is a compilation of three stories written by L.M. Montgomery - The Story Girl, the Golden Road, and Kilmeny of the Orchard. It's an easy, enjoyable, and very comforting read for me. I did recently start reading Oliver Twist, but have not gotten very far in it yet. Despite the fact that there are those who would consider me to be an avid reader, there are a lot of things that I start and can't get into, and up until now, anything by Charles Dickens has fallen into that category. I try to break myself out of that though, and since I want to be well-read, there are a lot of things that I really should read. Any suggestions?? I admit that I won't read something new until I'm ready, but I am always open to suggestions!


I've spent some great times with my little nephew. He just gets funnier and cuter all the time. Kathie and Matt and Ammon were at our house yesterday, and as he was sitting in his high chair eating his lunch, the rest of us were just chatting about nothing in particular. Every so often, he would just crack up out of the blue - he was just having the best time. It's so fun to watch him constantly learn new things. As of now, he can say some version of Rachel, Daniel (he's best at saying Daniel), Celeste, and Sean - my name he won't even attempt for some reason. Because I just think he's so darn cute, I'm going to include a few pictures that my dad has taken of Ammon.





Ammon loves to sit next to people when the seat is just his size. Here he is taking a break from playing with the hose.


This was Ammon's first time playing in the sprinklers. He seemed to think it was pretty great, though a little intimidating.

My mom got this little chair for Ammon to sit on outside when he's at our house. It's still a little too tall for him to get onto it himself so he doesn't sit in it much, but he loves to carry it around. Once as we explored the backyard and parts of the front, he insisted that we carry it with us.

It may be a little hard to tell here, but this is Ammon (with the help of his dad) peeking over the wall between the kitchen and front room at our house.


This is definitely my favorite picture of Ammon and Celeste.


I don't know what he's busy with here, but it looks like it may be some kind of mischief.

Well I started this earlier this evening, but left and came back. It's now 11:30, and it's back to work for me tomorrow. I'm going to get some sleep.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

I really like those pictures. I need to be taking more pictures. I enjoyed this post. I always enjoy reading what you have to write.:) I hope today is better now that your inventory is finally done!