Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Things I'm Thankful For

I should be sleeping right now, but my two naps today have made that unlikely for a little while yet. I decided that I would start this Thanksgiving week off right, by listing things that I am sincerely thankful to my Heavenly Father for. I don't have a plan on how many to list - I'll just get started and see how long I can keep going. Also, this is more for my benefit than it is for your's, so feel free to skip this entry if you want. Maybe I'll also mention that these are in no particular order.
  1. Bold, rich colors
  2. Paint
  3. Technology
  4. Warmth when it's cold
  5. Cool air when it's hot
  6. Sleep
  7. Love
  8. Pretty smells
  9. Soft things
  10. Good books
  11. Good movies
  12. My (electric) fan
  13. Cool water to drink
  14. My heating pad
  15. Lotion
  16. My globe
  17. Music
  18. The ability to sing
  19. My Savior
  20. The standard works
  21. The Ensign
  22. Money
  23. Remote controls
  24. Blankets
  25. Crunchy leaves
  26. Good food
  27. My comparative good health
  28. My family - specifically Mom, Dad, Sean, Christy, Celeste, Matt, Kathie, Rachel, Daniel, and Ammon.
  29. My cousins and friends who let me see what's going on in their lives through their blogs
  30. Lights
  31. Air conditioning
  32. My car
  33. My life
  34. My computer
  35. Pretty jewelry
  36. My ability to think
  37. The ability to be thankful
  38. People who like me
  39. My sketchbook
  40. The Thanksgiving holiday
  41. My job
  42. Nearby mountains
  43. Travel opportunities
  44. Crying
  45. Laughing
  46. My recliner
  47. All four of my grandparents
  48. My dog Molly
  49. Visiting Teaching
  50. Celeste's neck massages
  51. Fun places to go
  52. The temple
  53. My ancestors
  54. Prophets of God
  55. Medication
  56. My experiences

Maybe I'll add some more later - as I think of them.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

Sharon, how neat! Thank you for doing this, it has made me think of even little conveniences that I have been blessed with. What a great way to start off the week. I love you!

Alaina said...

I too am thankful for many of the things you listed. When I was a bit younger I hated Thanksgiving. Mostly becuase I viewed it as a time we all get around and stuff ourselves full of food that we could be feeding needy families with. Though I still think the ridiculous amounts of food is crazy, I have come to enjoy taking the time to count my blessings. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

adrianne s. said...

Sometimes when I have trouble falling asleep I try to list off all the things I am thankful for at that moment, but I usually fall asleep before I get too specific. I can see now that writing them down like you have done would be helpful. It's fun to read your list!