I have now been on my hike three times, and have found out that we are on the trail to Bell Canyon Reservoir. We haven't gone all the way yet, and I still need to take little breaks here and there, but it feels good to be outside, and it's nice to do something interesting for exercise, as opposed to walking on a treadmill or riding a bike at the gym. At least I think it's more fun.
That first day I tried to cancel, but Laura wouldn't let me. We went up there, and I got a good look at it, and felt a little better once I knew what it would be like. The trail was a little icy and snowy, so we asked some people who were coming back down what they had on their feet. Yak Trax! I went to Big 5 later and got us some - it felt very unusual to go into a sporting goods store to buy something for myself first of all, but especially to buy something other than a water bottle or something. I'm pretty excited about my Yak Trax. Oh - people have been asking me what they are - they're like snow chains for shoes:
This morning when we went, it was particularly icy, so they came in pretty handy - as did the trees and rocks.
So it's turned out to be a good thing, which has been really uplifting to me. It's also amazing to be working at home so that I have the time to do this - I would never, ever agree to it if I was still working at that cursed job. Wish me luck that I don't break my leg or my neck or something, because this looks like it will be a regular thing.

1 comment:
YEAH!! I'm excited you are hiking. It's so wonderfully peaceful up there. I love getting a different form of exercise too. The treadmill gets old... GOOD FOR YOU!
Post a Comment