Have I ever mentioned my slight spending problem? Well, I'm hoping this isn't a result of that problem, but rather a result of true necessity (or something like true necessity).
I was trying to work yesterday, getting to the point where I will be building my website, and I found that in a two-hour period, I was able to accomplish next to nothing. Click on a link, wait 5 minutes. Enter a new address, wait 10 minutes. It went on like that for quite some time; all the while, each time I had to wait, I completely lost my train of thought. It's a sad day when you have to jot down notes of what you're going to do in the next 5 minutes when your next webpage finally shows its face.
The computer that I've been using up until now (for my newest acquisition is indeed a new computer) is a 5+ year-old laptop that my dad says was pretty bottom-of-the-line even when it was new. It worked great when it was new, until I started doing more than buying things on Amazon and putting books on hold at the library online. Anyway, I think some of these new programs I'm using in my work are maybe just too big for my little laptop to handle anymore, and when I struggle motivating myself to work anyway, I need to optimize the time I do spend such that I'm getting the most out of it as I can.
It's pretty and black, and I took a picture of it for you, but I don't yet have my camera software loaded on this new toy, so I'll have to post it later. Doesn't really have horns growing out of it or anything though, so maybe you don't really need a picture.
1 comment:
Hooray for new things! It's terrible, but so fun to get new things, right? I hope this new computer makes your work time much more efficient!
Post a Comment