Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

BYU Independent Study Free Courses

When I was in high school, there was a period of time in which I was unable to attend school. I worked with my teachers to fulfill my assignments at home and get credit, or, when necessary, I took BYU Independent Study classes. During that time I took a history class, English literature class, and even a bowling class (learned how to manually score a game, proper bowling technique, and had to go to a bowling alley on a regular basis for practice) for gym credit!

The online classes BYU has for either high school or higher education credit aren't free, but they have a ton of other, self-improvement classes that are free. When I mentioned this to someone once not too long ago, they were surprised, so I thought maybe others wouldn't know about it either. Currently I am enrolled in a self-discipline course, which I have yet to actually start, oddly enough, and as I was laying in my bed wide awake a minute ago I decided that maybe I should actually start the course. Then I got side-tracked and decided to blog about it first.....can you tell that I really, really need this course??

There are dozens of different options to choose from covering politics, religion, spelling, study skills, finance, genealogy, etc. Click on this link to see them all: http://ce.byu.edu/is/site/courses/free.cfm.

1 comment:

Alaina said...

I had no idea! Thanks for the heads up and when I find some extra time haha I'd love to try one.