Tomorrow is my last day at Diabetes Specialty Center, where I have worked for the last 8 years. I can't wait until I get more life experience so that 'Sharon from DSC' gets put into a little bit better perspective.
I haven't said anything on my blog before now (about my final decision to resign) because I'm struggling enough as it is with the dreaded question, "So what have you got lined up next?" because there isn't a very conventional answer to it. The truth is, I gave my boss just over 3 weeks notice, knowing that I didn't have anything lined up. The good news? That I managed to negotiate a 3 month severance package, complete with regular paychecks and insurance - even though I didn't get laid off. The bad news? Well, actually everything has turned out pretty beautifully so far, but I am still not a risk-taker by nature, and not having anything set in stone worries me a bit. Still, there are so many great things about the timing of everything that has happened to me with work over the last couple of months. It was hell while it lasted, but I really do know that Heavenly Father has been with me, directing things, throughout. One time I should tell you all a little more about that. In short, things are as they should be for me right now.
So....with tomorrow being my last day, Thursday being my birthday, and next week being Thanksgiving, I decided I should give myself at least a couple of weeks off before I really start looking. I do have one fairly serious prospect even now, but I told them I wouldn't be available until December 1st anyway! As much as a part of me would love it, I know that if, at the end of those two weeks, I look back and find that I've slept through it all, I would be extremely disappointed in myself. So I decided to take a trip.....to San Diego.....all by myself!
I leave Monday morning and come back Wednesday late evening, so it's a fairly short trip, but I'm excited anyway - sort of (the sort of comes from being afraid of traveling without mom or dad to say where we're going and when and how we're going to get there!) I'm not an experienced traveler, especially not by plane, and I'm even less experienced in the art of getting around without a car (it's supposed to be part of the adventure). Anyway, I will prepare and prepare and prepare until there is nothing left to be nervous about, and that should do the trick.
More about my trip when I get back - in the meantime, I hope you all have a delightful Thanksgiving, full of love, family, and gratitude.
1 comment:
Wow! I didn't realize you would be leaving so soon. What a great thing to do in celebration of so many things! I'm excited that you will be home for me to visit for a while! Can't wait until tomorrow! I'll call you and we'll work out some more details.
Post a Comment